Brush & Bulky Goods
Garland Sanitation proudly offers weekly brush and bulky goods pick-up from the front curb of residences on the same day as regular trash collection. Brush and Bulky Goods Collection is provided for large household items that will not fit into your green trash container. All items placed for collection should be generated by residents at their own property.
Please help us provide timely and safe service by following the guidelines below.
- Brush and bulky waste is collected weekly on the same day as your green trash cart.
- Bulky items may only be placed at curbside one day prior to the scheduled collection day and shall not be mixed with any other solid waste.
- Avoid placing brush or bulky waste near the mailbox, electrical and cable boxes, phone pedestals, sprinkler heads, overhanging limbs or other stationary obstructions.
- Materials should not create a safety hazard by blocking the view of motorists.
- Materials blocked by vehicles cannot be collected in order to avoid damage to parked vehicles.
- Brush should not be mixed with other bulky waste such as mattresses and furniture.
- Brush, bulky waste, appliances and bagged grass and leaves should be set out in separate, distinct piles that are at least four feet apart.
- Do not place paint, propane tanks, or other household chemicals in your brush or bulky pile. Please take them directly to the Dallas County Home Chemical Collection Center, located at 11234 Plano Road. This service is free for Garland residents.
- Click here for more information on household hazardous waste.
- No masonry, asphalt, concrete, rocks, tires, dirt, or pallets will be picked up at the curb.
- No roofing materials will be picked up at the curb.
- Brush pickup is for residents who have performed tree or brushwork on their property only.
- Construction debris pickup is for residents who have performed remodeling work on their own property only and can be set out for collection only four times per year during each calendar year.
- If we do not pick up your brush or bulky waste, we will leave a tag affixed to the pile or to your door explaining why it was not collected.
- Individual items weighing more than 40 pounds will not be collected. Please remember to cut tree trunks down to smaller weight sizes, to not pack boxes of materials too full, and that following rain events some items will become too heavy may be left by our crews to dry out before they can be collected.
- If your materials were not collected, please use eAssist or contact us at 972-205-3500.
Garland residents can haul bulky waste material at no cost to the Transfer Station or C.M. Hinton, Jr. Regional Landfill . Residents must present their driver’s license and a copy of their most current utility bill.
Don’t Go Tarpless
Any vehicle arriving at a City managed disposal facility without a suitable secured cover placed over the vehicle’s load (tarp), shall be assessed a $20 surcharge per City of Garland Code of Ordinances, Chapter 52, Article II, Section 52.47(F).