Commercial property owners and tenants in the Downtown Garland Historic District have the opportunity to make improvements to their buildings with assistance from the Downtown Revitalization Program.
The grant, which will be in the form of a reimbursement, will be for up to 50% of the approved improvements. The program is funded by Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone #1.
Projects must be vetted by the Downtown Design Review Committee, and approved before work begins on any project. Once the project is completed, it will be inspected for adherence to the approved plan. Then the property owner will request and receive a reimbursement check.
If you are interested in this partnership opportunity, contact the Downtown Development Office at Downtown@GarlandTX.gov.
- Schedule a meeting with the Downtown Coordinator to determine project eligibility and walk through the application process.
- Return completed application, along with required documents, to the Downtown Development Office (DDO) and schedule an appointment to review the application with the Downtown Design Review Committee.
- If the application is approved, execute the Economic Development Agreement and return to the DDO.
- Upon written notice from the DDO, commence and complete project construction.
- Within 30 days of construction completion and project inspection for adherence to approved plan, provide proof of expenses to the DDO along with a request for reimbursement.