- Departments H - K
- Heritage Crossing
- Programs and Events
Museum PROGRAMS & Events
The third edition of the Garland Cemetery Walking Tour will be at the Garland Mills Cemetery (at Centerville Rd. & Commerce St.). This is a self guided tour. Guidebooks may be picked up at the Garland Landmark Museums on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Guidebooks lead you through significant headstones telling stories of people and headstone symbolism.
Gravestone rubbing materials are available free at the museum. Please ask the staff to get your supplies so you can participate in this fun activity during your tour.
Thanks to a partnership with Geocaching.com, Garland has its own GeoTour! You can find a complete list of Garland History GeoTour geocaches by visiting Garland's History GeoTour on Geocashing.com.
Download the official passport at VisitGarland.com and record your discoveries to earn a unique Garland trackable geocoin.
- Apr 3
Fire razes Garland Hotel in 1932On this day in 1932 a fire razed the beautiful Garland Hotel on the north east corner of the square at present day Fifth and State Streets.
- Apr 4
Happy Birthday Plaza Theatre!Today, in 1941, the Plaza Theatre opened on the square at State and Sixth Streets.
- Apr 18
Happy Birthday Garland!Today in 1891 Garland got its corporate charter.
- What is the museum’s address?
- When is the Landmark Museum open? And why is it not open more?
- How much is admission to the Landmark Museum?
- Do you do field trips for schools, seniors, scouts, or private tours?
- Can I go inside the Tinsley-Lyles House or the 1910 Pullman Coach Car? And when will they be open to the public?
- What is inside the museum?
- How can I learn more about Garland history?
- What does the Garland Landmark Society do and how can I join?
- How do I volunteer?
- I am looking for historic Garland photos to purchase. Who do I contact?
To sign up for the monthly Heritage Crossing Newsletter, click HERE. Below is a sample of our latest edition.
Heritage Crossing Coordinator
Office Location: Mailing Address:
Garland Landmark Museum Heritage Crossing
393 N. Sixth Street PO Box 469002
Garland, Texas 75040 Garland, Texas 75046
By appointment only, Monday through Friday.
Garland Landmark Society Mailing Address:
PO Box 462232
Garland, Texas 75046